As per reports, a total of 254 individuals, including 86 people who came from outside the area like Imphal and Kohima in Nagaland, attended the fasting programme held from May 11 to 21.
However, six attendees couldn’t stay till the end of the programme due to health issues. Later, they were found to be positive for COVID-19, reports said.
As part of contact tracing, a total of 251 attendees underwent testing, of which 150 tested positive for COVID-19 as on Thursday, said district surveillance officer Dr Jacob Pao.
As per reports, the fasting programme was held before the second wave of COVID-19 engulfed the state. However, not many church members residing outside the village could attend in good numbers, therefore, the fasting programme was reorganised for the members, the reports added.
Meanwhile, following reports of a rise in the number of COVID-19 cases, Senapati district administration imposed a curfew in the entire Koide area, which includes Koide Mathak, Koide Makha, Koide Biisho and Koide Zho under Purul sub-division of the district, from May 26 to June 5 as a preventive measure.
The district administration further instructed the district medical officer to depute one ambulance along with dedicated staff at PHC Oinam.
Here’s a list of activities permitted during the curfew in the area:
- Vehicles carrying essential commodities, oxygen supply related vehicles, LPG and oil tankers, vehicles of essential services like power supply, fir service, water supply, waste and garbage collection, PDS, Telecom and vehicles of other government departments.
- Home delivery of essential commodities, including supplementary nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers, food items, vegetables, groceries, fish feeds/animal feed and milk products.
- Medical institution, including pharmacies.
- People going for vaccination, COVID-19 testing and those of Child Protection Services.
- Health care workers and frontline workers from various departments carrying out COVID-19 related duties assigned by the district administration.
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai
- US, UK, Australia launch new trilateral Indo-Pacific alliance to counter China
- Farmers suffering, govt is nowhere, say Meghalaya MLAs