After testing positive for COVID-19, Khumanthem, 40, was admitted to Raj Medicity in Imphal on May 16. She succumbed to the virus around 4 am on Friday after having a cardiopulmonary arrest following severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), as per the death report issued by the hospital.
As per the order issued by Imphal East deputy commissioner with regards to the disposal of dead bodies, Khumanthem’s family members did not want to claim her mortal remains. They requested the district administration to dispose of the body as per COVID-19 protocol.
Khumanthem was later cremated at the Imphal Municipal Corporation (IMC) crematorium, reports said.
According to the All Manipur Physio Therapist Association (AMPA), Khumanthem was working at the AVRI Special Child Development Centre in Imphal.
“Her demise is a great loss to our profession. May your soul rest in peace,” wrote AMPA on its official Facebook page.
Khumanthem is survived by her husband and a three-year-old son.
- Can I renew car insurance after the original insurance has expired?
- Assam: Driver shot at during robbery attempt on vehicle in Nagaon
- TMC’s public rally: Sec 144 imposed across West district, Tripura HC declines to interfere
- Two pilots killed after Army helicopter crash lands in J&K’s Udhampur
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 21
- COVID-19 vaccines effective for cancer patients? Here’s what a study says