In an order issued by Ukhrul assistant commissioner Kachamthai Faiga Gangmei, the whole building of SBI located at Mini-secretariat in Ukhrul has been declared a containment zone in view of the impending threat of COVID-19 pandemic in the area.
Besides the SBI building, six more residences in the district were also declared as containment zones. They are the houses belonging to Nengkim in Shangkai village, Ngashir Kachui in Meizailung, JS Jacob in Seipat Zingsho Tang, Theimreingam N in Dungrei, Hungpung village and Marinah K in Kamphasom Tang.
Any persons/ institutions/ organisations found violating the order shall be deemed to have committed an offence punishable under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code and Section 51 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the order added.
On Tuesday, Ukhrul district reported 10 new COVID-19 cases, including the staffer of SBI. As per reports, the SBI employee along with five of her family members have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Meanwhile, 17 infected persons have recovered and were discharged in the district on Tuesday.
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre
- Meghalaya Lottery September 17: Check Future Drought Morning lottery result