Imphal: COVID-19 cases continued to surge in Manipur with 624 new positive cases and 20 deaths reported on Tuesday.
The total confirmed cases of coronavirus has spiked to 40,683 while the active cases stand at 6,605. The active cases include 6,442 from the general population and 163 personnel of the Central Armed Police Force.
The new positive cases include 270 from Imphal West, 129 from Imphal East, 67 from Bishnupur, 43 each from Thoubal and Churachandpur, 32 from Kakching, 18 from Chandel, seven from Ukhrul, four from Noney, three from Senapati and two each from Kangpokpi, Pherzawl, Tamenglong and Tengnoupal districts, respectively.
With 337 persons recovered and discharged on Tuesday, the total recovery rate has registered to 82.86%.
Meanwhile, of the 20 people who succumbed to COVID-19 on Tuesday, nine were from Imphal East, five from Imphal West, two from Churachandpur, and one each from Kakching, Senapati, Thoubal and Ukhrul.
With this, the total deaths in Manipur due to COVID-19 stands at 612.
Also Read | Manipur: ‘Zero’ COVID-19 test result from VRDL in JNIMS raises questions
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh