Imphal: Amid a rise in the number of COVID-19 cases in Manipur, especially in the valley areas, the state government has announced that Greater Imphal and Imphal Municipal Corporation (IMC) area will continue to be a containment zone for another 10 days. While a full lockdown has not been announced in Manipur yet, the containment zone order shall remain in force from May 7 to 16.
In the containment zone, there will be further restriction on movement of vehicles and opening of shops. However, limited banking and postal services will be allowed, said MH Khan, chief secretary in-charge and chairman of State Executive Committee.
Earlier, the state government had declared the entire Greater Imphal area as a containment zone from April 29 to May 6.
Here’s a list of activities that will not be permitted:
1. All shops in Thangal Bazar and Paona Bazar shall remain closed. Ima Keithels and adjoining temporary markets, too, shall remain closed in the containment zone.
2. Local markets at Khurai Lamlong, Andro Parking, Lambulane, Kongba, Pishumthong, Kwakeithel, Nagampal, Singjamei Bazaar, Wahengbam Leikai shall remain closed to prevent further spread of the coronavirus.
3. Movement of vehicles will be completely banned, even during the relaxation hours (6 am to 10 am).
4. All historical and tourist sites will remain closed.
5. Night curfew will continue to remain in force from 7 pm to 5 am daily.
Here’s a list of activities that will be permitted:
- For essential items or items of daily use or consumption, wholesale shops in Imphal will open on a rotational basis (one in three shops in a row) from 6 am to 10 am, with strict avoidance of crowding.
- Only one of the three shops/vendors (vegetables, fish/meat) (except in Ima Keithel), (milk booths, animal feed) in one location shall be allowed to open on a rotational basis. If the shops or vendors are located in congested rows, then only alternate rows shall be allowed to open. The queue system should be adopted by all shops and vendors.
- For organising the roster and the physical distancing of vendors, respective deputy commissioners, and superintendents of police may take help from local clubs.
- Any market/shop/vendor not complying with social distancing and causing crowding may be promptly closed by the DC or SP of the district.
- Bank branches shall remain open from 10 am to 2.30 pm only for government transactions and transactions related to COVID-19 management and government project/urgent matters.
- Banks are to undertake only urgent/time-bound transactions in their branches.
- Post offices shall remain open from 10 am to 2:30 pm to dispose of time-bound work, including delivery of medicines and medical equipment, and shall not entertain routine business.
- Finance department and treasuries shall remain functional with minimal staff to undertake urgent transactions.
- Construction works in priority government projects where workers are available onsite will continue.
- All healthcare facilities, including animal healthcare, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and movement of healthcare workers, are exempted from the restrictions.
- All pharmacies, including those selling veterinary medicines, are exempted.
- All persons going for COVID-19 vaccination, testing, and medical emergencies are exempted.
- All employees and personal staff working in Home, Health, Relief & DM, Police departments and District Administration are exempted (all other offices in IMC and greater Imphal area to remain closed).
- Only goods vehicles, oxygen supply related vehicles, LPG, Oil tankers, and vehicles for other essential services like power supply, water supply, waste/garbage clearance, public distribution system, medical/COVID-19 services, electronic and print media, internet and telecom service providers and vehicles of personnel of departments/organisations permitted to be functional.
- Delivery of food, groceries, and other items through various e-retail portals will be permitted.
- Opening of petrol pumps and LPG outlets and movement of staff of IOCL will be permitted.
- Imphal Airport shall remain open and movement of staff and passengers will continue to be permitted.
- Hotels for lodging will be allowed to open with minimum staff. However, restaurants remain closed.
- Leftist agenda on JNU campus won’t succeed anymore: VHP
- BJP-IPFT has given corruption free governance in Tripura: Manik Saha
- Special help desk for persons with disabilities at Guwahati airport
- With Meghalaya speaker joining NPP, will TMC take Phulbari’s sitting MLA?
- Mizoram: Weapons recovered in Tuipang, 4 Myanmar nationals held
- Meghalaya: Police arrest five dacoits in Garo Hills