Imphal: Manipur government on Thursday declared the entire Greater Imphal as a containment zone with immediate effect. The containment order shall remain in force for seven days.
The decision was taken following a thorough consultation with concerned stakeholders after the state registered new 314 positive cases of COVID-19 and five more deaths in the last 24 hours, the highest single-day spike since the second wave was reported.
In an issued order by the MH Khan, in-charge chief secretary, all activities and movement of persons have been suspended with immediate effect except the permitted activities.
Here are the lists of activities permitted during the seven days containment zone:
- Movement of goods vehicles, including vehicles carrying oxygen/oxygen cylinders.
- All healthcare facilities, including animal healthcare, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and movement of healthcare workers.
- All pharmacies and including those selling veterinary medicines.
- All persons going for COVID-19 vaccination, COVID-19 testing, and medical emergencies.
- All employees and personal staff working in Home, Health, Relief, and DM, police departments and district administration (all other offices in the Greater Imphal area remain closed).
- All personnel deployed for providing essential services like drinking water, power, fire, fighting, waste/garbage collection, and ATM services.
- All vegetables, fish/meat vendors, milk booths shall remain open from 6 am to 10 am while maintaining physical distancing. However, Ima Keithel (Mother’s market) shall remain closed.
- All local grocery stores, including animal feed shops for purchase by locals, shall remain open from 6 am to 10 am.
- Wholesale shops in Imphal may open at the rate of one in three shops on rotation from 6 am to 10 am.
- Petrol pumps will remain open as usual, while ensuring there is no crowding.
- All establishments and personnel relating to electronic and print media, telecom service providers.
- Imphal Airport shall remain open and movement of staff and passengers will be permitted.
- Hotels for lodging will be allowed to remain open with minimum staff. However, restaurants to be closed.
- Food delivery service providers and groceries delivery service providers are permitted, it said.
- Meghalaya: World Disabled Day observed in South Garo Hills
- Leftist agenda on JNU campus won’t succeed anymore: VHP
- BJP-IPFT has given corruption free governance in Tripura: Manik Saha
- Special help desk for persons with disabilities at Guwahati airport
- With Meghalaya speaker joining NPP, will TMC take Phulbari’s sitting MLA?
- Mizoram: Weapons recovered in Tuipang, 4 Myanmar nationals held