Imphal: The Manipur Police informed that they collected Rs 1.01 lakh in fines from people who broke COVID-19 protocols on Wednesday.
Over 372 offenders were fined in a single day for not wearing a mask in public places, failing to maintain social distancing in public places, spitting in public places etc.
The offenders were detained and released after strict warning, the police said.
After the COVID-19 SOPs were imposed in the state, the police have fined 1,35,368 people and collected around Rs 1.87 crore in fines.
On Tuesday, 15 people were fined and sent to jail for three days for violating the COVID-19 SOPs in Imphal. According to the official report, the offenders were produced before the chief judicial magistrate Imphal West, Y Somorjit Singh, and they pleaded guilty for not wearing a mask in public places.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion