In a well-planned and executed operation, Security forces under the aegis of IGAR (South) of Spear Corps seized a large number of arms, ammunition and other war-like stores along the Indo-Myanmar border in Kamjong, Manipur, on April 24.
Based on specific intelligence inputs about the movement of insurgents near the General area of Phaikoh, an operation was planned, and multiple teams were launched.
During the operation, the teams swiftly deployed themselves at suitable locations and seized arms and other war-like stores.
The haul included two Lathode Launchers with three rounds, one Chinese Carbine, two rifles, four 9 mm Pistols, five rocket-propelled grenades (RPG) and two radio sets.
The seized items were handed over to the Chassad Police authorities.
- Maternal uncle sentenced to 25-years in jail for raping niece
- Arunachal: Congress imposes bandh in Siang over failure to restore Highway
- BJP MLA writes to Nadda, demands separation of Darjeeling from Bengal
- Centre to appoint CS with working knowledge of Mizo language: Zoramthanga
- Repeal AFSPA, deliver justice: Kohima residents take to streets
- AFSPA misused, should be repealed: Arunachal Congress MLA Ering