In a well-planned and executed operation, Security forces under the aegis of IGAR (South) of Spear Corps seized a large number of arms, ammunition and other war-like stores along the Indo-Myanmar border in Kamjong, Manipur, on April 24.
Based on specific intelligence inputs about the movement of insurgents near the General area of Phaikoh, an operation was planned, and multiple teams were launched.
During the operation, the teams swiftly deployed themselves at suitable locations and seized arms and other war-like stores.
The haul included two Lathode Launchers with three rounds, one Chinese Carbine, two rifles, four 9 mm Pistols, five rocket-propelled grenades (RPG) and two radio sets.
The seized items were handed over to the Chassad Police authorities.
- Garo’s colourful 100 Drums Wangala festival celebrated in Assam
- Drones to track Ganja plantation: Tripura CM
- Mizoram: BJP to form next govt in Mara Autonomous Council
- Arunachal CM exhorts people to perform fundamental duties
- Tripura BJP launches ‘Har Ghar BJP’ outreach programme before polls
- Contribution of women members of Constituent Assembly rarely discussed: PM Modi