On Friday morning, over 50 Bengali Muslims boarded a boat in the Dhalpur char of Garukhuti, a village in the Sipajhar tehsil in the Darrang district of Assam, located 19 km west of district headquarters Mangaldai.
The boat would cross the Na-Nadi and reach Khuwarghat, a port that connects the char (river island) of Brahmaputra to the rest of Sipajhar.
Most of the passengers were women from Dhalpur 3 village, located in the......
- Mizoram BJP celebrates landmark passage of Women’s Reservation Bill
- Mizoram: Heroin worth over Rs 4 crore seized in Champhai district
- Nagaland: Angami students flag teacher shortage in govt schools
- Indian women’s cricket team wins gold at Asian Games
- BJP elects Rikman Momin as Meghalaya state president
- Unveiling the splendours of creative expression: Ziro Literary Festival 2023 beckons