On Friday morning, over 50 Bengali Muslims boarded a boat in the Dhalpur char of Garukhuti, a village in the Sipajhar tehsil in the Darrang district of Assam, located 19 km west of district headquarters Mangaldai.
The boat would cross the Na-Nadi and reach Khuwarghat, a port that connects the char (river island) of Brahmaputra to the rest of Sipajhar.
Most of the passengers were women from Dhalpur 3......
- Tripura targets to procure 35,000 MT of paddy in 2022-23: Minister
- NFR cancels trains on Darjeeling Himalayan Railway route. Check details
- Without adequate computer skills, employability will remain a challenge
- Assam: FIR against 12 people in JB College ragging case
- Maruti Suzuki to hike vehicle prices from January
- Assam CM abused party after leaving, would never be taken back: Cong