Shillong: In an attempt to encourage people to come forward to take the COVID-19 vaccine, West Jaintia Hills MLA Wailadmiki Shylla said he would provide Rs 5,000 as a scholarship amount to students.
Speaking to media persons on Thursday, Shylla said that this is just a way to encourage people, not an attempt to pressure anyone. The ‘offer’ is for all who get vaccinated between June 21 and the end of the month.
“We will select 10 families and provide scholarships to the children of that family. An amount of Rs 5,000 will be given and the 10 families will be selected through a lucky draw,” the MLA added.
The MLA had met the district administration and the health department to discuss the issue of vaccine hesitancy among the people. The district has now come up with 64 vaccination sites so that people wanting to take the vaccine can easily go to the nearest center.
“I am happy to see that now there is a slight improvement and people are turning up to take the vaccine,” said Shylla.
He also mentioned that COVID-19 cases in West Jaintia Hills District are now stable compared to the previous weeks. Shylla said that the recovery is more than the new cases, though positive cases are still there 65%-70% are from Amlarem area.
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result
- Long-lasting Covid symptoms rare in children: Lancet study
- Mizoram, Assam talks aim to de-escalate border dispute
- Manipur Lottery August 4: Check Singam Sedum Day lottery result