News of the death of Haryanvi dancer and singer Sapna Choudhary has been doing rounds on social media for the past couple of days and fans are shocked.
They took to Twitter sharing images and videos of the performer and paid tributes to her after a fake message was circulated about her death. The viral message claimed that Sapna died in a road accident when the dancer is, in fact, hale and hearty.
After the death of Sidharth Shukla and Sushant Singh Rajput, fans seemed to have believed the fake message to be true and hence the news spread like wild fire.
Also read: Twitter numb over death of Sidharth Shukla
The message was forwarded on WhatsApp groups and on various social media platforms.
The news was actually not completely false as another actor named Preeti who was also called ‘junior Sapna’ had died in a road accident but she was not this Haryanvi dancer.
She was also in the news 2 years ago when a young man was killed in UP for refusing to play the singer’s song at an event.
Sapna Chaudhary has fans not only in Haryana but across the country which is evident from her Instagram account which has a follower count of over 3.4 million.
Sapna gained nationwide popularity after a short stint in Big Boss. She is known for her dance videos and goes live on social media on a regular to engage and interact with fans.
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister
- Kashmiri tycoon Sahil Zaroo in jail for ‘raping’ NE girl, bail hearing today
- Twitterati take farmers’ protest online, urge UN to intervene