Itanagar: Twelve government bills were introduced in the state Legislative Assembly on Friday.
Chief Minister Pema Khandu introduced the Arunachal Pradesh (Obsolete and Redundant Regulations) Repeal Bill 2022 along with another bill Arunachal Pradesh (Re-organization of Districts), bill in its amended form.
Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein, who is also the Finance and Tax, Excise and Narcotics minister, introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management and Arunachal Pradesh Goods and Services Tax bills in their amended forms.
Education Minister Taba Tedir introduced a total of eight bills relating to eight private universities in the state including, Indira Gandhi Technological and Medical Sciences University; Arunachal Pradesh University of Studies; Venkateshwara Open University; Himalayan University; Apex Professional University; Northeast Frontier Technical University (NEFTU); Arunodaya University and Global University, in their amended forms.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bamang Felix during the proceedings of the House presented the Business Advisory Committee report which, was adopted through voice vote.
Deputy Speaker Tesam Pongte who, was in the chair, appointed Congress MLA Ninong Ering, Kento Rina, Dasanglu Pul and Hayeng Mangfi, all BJP members as chairmen for the current session.
- Nepal looks at hung parliament; PM Deuba-led NC single largest party
- BJP demands Meghalaya home min’s resignation over Mukroh firing
- Assam: Kuki Worship Service celebrates silver jubilee
- Nagaland cabinet appeals Eastern Naga body to allow participation at Hornbill
- Meghalaya elections 2023: BJP to contest from all 60 assembly seats
- Tripura Film Institute will find global audience for state’s tribal culture: CM Saha