Guwahati: The Northeast Frontier (NF) Railway has decided to resume four pairs of daily Diesel Electric Multiple Units (DEMU) special services from this week for the benefit of local passengers.
These daily DEMU specials will resume between Siliguri junction New Bongaigaon, New Bongaigaon Guwahati, Guwahati Haibargaon, and Guwahati Silghat Town stations, according to a release issued by the NF Railway on Monday.
Moreover, an additional stoppage of the special train (No. 05928/05927) running between New Tinsukia and Rangia has been provided at Dikom station to facilitate parcel loading on an experimental basis for three months from September 14.
The Siliguri junction New Bongaigaon Siliguri junction daily DEMU services will resume from Siliguri junction on September 15 and New Bongaigaon on September 18.
The New Bongaigaon Guwahati New Bongaigaon daily DEMU services will resume from New Bongaigaon on September 16 and leave Guwahati on September 17.
The Guwahati Haibargaon Guwahati daily DEMU services will resume from September 16.
Guwahati Silghat Town Guwahati daily DEMU services will resume from Guwahati on September 16 and leave Silghat town from September 17.
During the train journeys and on arrival at their destination, the passengers will have to adhere to prevailing health protocols of the destination state. cooperate with the railway and respective state government officials in this regard, the release added.
- Remote NE areas get direct rail connection to Mumbai, Secunderabad
- NagaED becomes first NE company to win CII DX award for digital education
- Anti-BJP sentiments surge as Mizoram elections approach
- Nagaland: Vethozo Lohe secures gold at World Arm Wrestling C’ship
- Assam: Cooking contest held to foster indigenous cuisine, support local women
- Pradyot explains why Tripura needs a ‘constitutional solution’