Guwahati: The Northeast Frontier (NF) Railway has decided to resume four pairs of daily Diesel Electric Multiple Units (DEMU) special services from this week for the benefit of local passengers.
These daily DEMU specials will resume between Siliguri junction New Bongaigaon, New Bongaigaon Guwahati, Guwahati Haibargaon, and Guwahati Silghat Town stations, according to a release issued by the NF Railway on Monday.
Moreover, an additional stoppage of the special train (No. 05928/05927) running between New Tinsukia and Rangia has been provided at Dikom station to facilitate parcel loading on an experimental basis for three months from September 14.
The Siliguri junction New Bongaigaon Siliguri junction daily DEMU services will resume from Siliguri junction on September 15 and New Bongaigaon on September 18.
The New Bongaigaon Guwahati New Bongaigaon daily DEMU services will resume from New Bongaigaon on September 16 and leave Guwahati on September 17.
The Guwahati Haibargaon Guwahati daily DEMU services will resume from September 16.
Guwahati Silghat Town Guwahati daily DEMU services will resume from Guwahati on September 16 and leave Silghat town from September 17.
During the train journeys and on arrival at their destination, the passengers will have to adhere to prevailing health protocols of the destination state. cooperate with the railway and respective state government officials in this regard, the release added.
- Sri Lankan govt designates high-security zones for ensuring stability: official
- Termites love global warming – the pace of their wood munching gets significantly faster in hotter weather
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC notice to Centre, TN on Nalini’s plea seeking premature release
- Restoring the ability to swallow using brain-machine interfaces
- New COVID-like virus found in bats could infect humans, resist vaccines: Study
- 416 projects worth Rs 1,300 incomplete in Nagaland: CAG Report