Former Congress President & MLA Konthoujam Govindas has officially quit Congress, days after resigning as the Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee president.
Govindas submitted his resignation to the Manipur Legislative Assembly Secretariat today afternoon & also sent a copy of the resignation to MPCC President MPPC N Loken Singh. The Manipur Assembly Secretariat has now officially announced seat 26-Bishnupur AC as vacant.
The MPPC President N Loken said this afternoon at Congress Bhawan, “It’s understood that if a legislator resigns as a member of the Assembly, then, it’s normally to quit the party. We know he has submitted the resignation to the party also, but so far his (Govindas) resignation is yet to be accepted.”
“There is wrong information doing rounds in media that 7 to 8 Congress MLAs may leave the party, which is not true,” he added.
“It’s his decision which party he joins. But him leaving is not going to affect the party at all. It will weaken the party, in any manner”, Singh maintained.
- ‘Hotel Rwanda’ hero sentenced to 25 years on terror charges
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details