In a horrifying incident, a 35-year-old mother slaughtered her six-year-old son as a “sacrifice to God” at Palakkad in Puthupalli Theruvu, Kerela, on Sunday.
After committing the crime, the woman, Shaheeda Sulaiman, called the police and revealed that she had sacrificed her third son, Aamil, by slitting his throat with a knife in their bathroom at around 4 am on Sunday.
The woman was soon arrested by the police. The FIR said that it was an intentional murder, and that the woman admitted to having sacrificed her third son to ‘please God’. She also informed the police that she is three-months pregnant.
According to reports, the mother tied Aamil’s legs in his sleep and then proceeded to take him to the bathroom and butchered him.
Her husband Sulaiman, who is a taxi driver, and her two sons, were sleeping in another room, unaware of the cold-blooded murder inside the house.
They came to know of the incident only after the police reached their house following Shaheeda’s phone call.
Shaheeda told the police that she was only carrying out God’s wish, which was allegedly revealed to her through an inner calling. The police termed it a pre-planned murder.
She had reportedly collected the telephone number of the Janamaithri Police from a neighbour on Saturday.
Her neighbours said that she was a former teacher at a madrassa and that she had no history of mental problems or any other health issues.
District Superintendent of Police, R Viswanath, and other police officials visited the scene of the crime and the corpse of the boy was later shifted to the Palakkad district hospital mortuary for post-mortem after completing inquest proceedings.
- Nobel Prize in literature: Annie Ernaux – an uncompromising author who writes from experience
- Eid-e-Milad 2022: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Fears of watered-down India-UK free trade pact amid visa row
- Assam: Cabinet nod for Rs 190 cr power purchase subsidy to avoid tariff hike
- BJP UP chief tells Rahul Gandhi to start ‘Congress Jodo Yatra’
- Assam: Purnima Devi Barman conferred with World Female Ranger Award