Imphal: Phurailatpam Manibabu Sharma has been appointed the new chairperson of Manipur Commission for Protection of Child Rights (MCPCR) for a period of three years. He replaced Sumatibala Ningthoujam.
In an appointment order issued by Governor Najma Heptulla, Manibabu, a resident of Khurai Soibam Leikai in Imphal East, was appointed as the chief of the state’s child rights body under Section 18 of the Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005 with effective from September 29.
Also Read: Manipur gangrape: Child rights body seeks stringent action against culprits
He shall hold the post for a term of three years from the date on which he assumes office or till he attains the age of 65 years whichever is earlier, said the order.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people