Imphal: Phurailatpam Manibabu Sharma has been appointed the new chairperson of Manipur Commission for Protection of Child Rights (MCPCR) for a period of three years. He replaced Sumatibala Ningthoujam.
In an appointment order issued by Governor Najma Heptulla, Manibabu, a resident of Khurai Soibam Leikai in Imphal East, was appointed as the chief of the state’s child rights body under Section 18 of the Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005 with effective from September 29.
He shall hold the post for a term of three years from the date on which he assumes office or till he attains the age of 65 years whichever is earlier, said the order.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines