Shillong: Meghalaya on Tuesday recorded another COVID-19 related death taking the total deaths in the state to 29.
Director of Health Services Dr Aman Warr informed that the patient was a 67-year-old patient and a resident of Jhalupara. “He was admitted at Civil Hospital Shillong on September 12. The patient passed away due to Severe Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and COVID pneumonia on September 15 at 3:25 pm,” said Dr Warr.
One hundred seventy-two new active COVID-19 cases were recorded on Wednesday, taking the total active infections to 1,818.
BREAKDOWN OF 172 CASES
East Khasi Hills- 42 high risk contacts, 21 Armed Forces/Paramilitary Forces, 4 health workers, 4 returnees and 3 SARI cases
East Jaintia Hills- 61 from Star Cement cluster
North Garo Hills- 1 high risk contact
South Garo Hills- 1 returnee
South West Garo Hills- 2 returnees
West Garo Hills- 183 all Armed Forces/Paramilitary Forces
RiBhoi- 21 High Risk contacts, 2 health workers
West Jaintia Hills- 1 High Risk Contact
The total total recovered for today was 39 taking the total recovered cases to 2,190.
The total samples sent for testing-1,17,518 out of which 1,13,184 was tested negative and 298 results awaited.
- Nagaland: Paediatric Task Force set up to prepare for COVID-19 third wave
- Arunachal: Traffic wardens call for protest on August 9
- International Beer Day: Lesser-known Indian beers you should try!
- MP govt announces Rs 1 cr reward for Hockey players Vivek Sagar, Nilakanta Sharma
- Ready to cook and bake with beer? Here are some of our favourite recipes
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream