Imphal: A 16-year-old girl was reportedly found in an unconscious state by the locals in Kakching district of Manipur after she was allegedly raped by her boyfriend and his friends.
As per the reports, the incident happened on Tuesday night when her boyfriend believed to have lured her out at night on the pretext of elopement after which the heinous act was carried out by the culprit along with the accomplices. Later, the victim might have abandoned by the perpetrators assuming her to be dead, it said.
The motionless body of the victim was found on the Salam Lambi (road) under the Mayang Imphal Police Station and immediately, locals took the victim to RIMS Hospital for treatment, said the report.
Meanwhile, irate mobs stormed at the residence of the victim’s boyfriend, identified as Md Maza Khan, at Heibong Makhong Mathak Leikai and set ablaze the house.
Reports also said that among the four accused, three of them belong to Heibong Makhong in Wabagai assembly constituency while the other one is a resident of Mayang Imphal Bengool Loukok.
All the perpetrators involved in the crime are absconding at present, it said.
Meanwhile, the incident has been strongly condemned by the locals, including the women’s wing of the Manipur Muslim Welfare Organisation. The organisation Has also appealed to the authorities concerned for swift action and demanded a befitted punishment as per the laws.
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence
- Death toll due to dengue in UP’s Firozabad rises to 63
- Vital Signs: a simple way to cut carbon emissions don’t let polluters hide
- Lawyers abstain from work a day after shootout at Rohini court