Cases of violence against women is on the rise during the lockdown period. One such incident that was captured on camera, its shows girl being attacked by a man with several onlookers, this video went viral on Twitter. Several verified accounts shared it asking for justice.
Upon investigation, the video turned out to be from the Sahibganj district of Jharkhand, and the perpetrator is a police officer from the Barhait police station. He is seen violently pulling the girls hair and slapping her.
Hemant Soren, Jharkhand’s Chief Minister on Monday, took to Twitter to take cognizance of the matter. He wrote in Hindi, “This is a grossly inappropriate and shameful act which must not be tolerated. @MVRaolIPS please look into this matter and conduct a thorough investigation on the cop in question.”
After tagging DGP (Director General of Police) Jharkhand Mandava V Rao he tweeted a few hours later, “@HemantSorenJMM sir, the officer was sent to Police Lines and was suspended. DSP Barharwa was directed to enquire and submit the report by tomorrow evening. Further appropriate action will be taken on receipt of the report. Instructions for the security of the victim were issued.”
The entire action was in response to the Tweet shared by Avinash Das a popular director who has directed movies like Anaarkali Of Aarah & and series SHE, two Netflix originals. It was his tweet that made the video go viral and saw that action was taken.
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle
- Biden to host Indo-Pacific leaders as China concerns grow