Agartala: The West Tripura district administration imposed Section 144 at Khumulwng area of Tripura on Friday following a clash between supporters of BJP and its alliance partner, Indigenous Peoples Front of Tripura (IPFT), on Wednesday.
A number of supporters from both the parties sustained injuries and senior police officials of the district are closely monitoring the scene.
Over 200 supporters from the IPFT joined the BJP at its Khumulwng office on Wednesday. Following this, it is alleged that the supporters of the IPFT attacked the BJP supporters and vandalised their office at Khumulwng on Wednesday night.
It is also alleged that the clash between supporters of both the parties took place again on Thursday when BJP MP Rebati Tripura visited the area and took stock of the situation.
The IPFT followers allegedly attacked the BJP supporters in front of the MP Rebati Tripura.
Later, the district administration had to take help of the CRPF personnel to control the situation.
The clashes between supporters of BJP and the IPFT are nothing new in the state. Allegations of attacks and counter-attacks by supporters of both the parties are very common in the BJP-led state, where IPFT is an alliance partner.
Meanwhile, BJP MP Rebati Tripura has condemned the incident and demanded the state government to take initiative against those involved in the attack on the BJP supporters.
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday
- Meghalaya deputy CM says physical possession of Harijan Colony land soon
- PCOD? Here’s a list of foods to add to your diet
- BCCI could earn up to USD 5 billion from IPL broadcasting rights only
- Covishield may offer over 90% protection against death from Delta variant: Study