Ukhrul: The hill district of Manipur, Ukhrul woke up to a loud noise on early Friday morning when a low-intensity bomb planted by unidentified miscreants exploded in the heart of the town. No one was reportedly injured.
According to sub-division police officer (SDPO) Ukhrul, Thotreithing Chalamvah, the low improvised explosive device (IED) explosion took place outside Makan’s general store in Viewland around 5.20 in the morning. Fortunately, no person was around the site during the time of explosion, he added.
By the time of filing this story, no individual or organisation had claimed responsibility for the blast. According to a police report, a suo motu case has been registered against unknown person(s).
Meanwhile, the police are investigating to find out more details about the incident, the report added.
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27
- Assam reports 347 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths
- China locks down Lanzhou as Covid cases surge due to delta variant
- Elderly couple’s murder in Guwahati home: caretaker held