Itanagar: The Nirjuli police under the supervision of Capital Complex superintendent of police Tumme Amo on Tuesday night seized Rs 15.6 lakh from undisclosed people for violation of the model code of conduct in force after the announcement of the upcoming Lok Sabha and assembly elections on April 11.
Amo said that in keeping with the election situation report, the capital police also recovered 15 live rounds of ammunition and 20 daos (machetes) during checking while defacing many election posters. Eight guns were surrendered at the police station.
The SP has requested the people not to carry such huge amounts of cash inviting inconvenience. As per the guidelines of the Election Commission of India, every seizure of Rs 10 lakh and above shall be investigated by the Income Tax department, he said.
Amo has further asked the individuals who possess licensed and unlicensed arms to surrender them at the nearest police station.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands