Kohima: The 2nd edition of the South Asian Athletic Federation (SAAF) cross country championship and the 56th National cross-country athletics championship is underway at Nagaland’s capital Kohima on Saturday.
The one-day sporting event, which is being conducted at the Indira Gandhi stadium, is witnessing participation from around 700 athletes in 12 events.
About 50 runners from five countries—Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, and India, are competing for the International championship, while a total of 674 athletes—378 male and 296 female, from 34 states and boards are competing for the national championships.
For the combined international and national championships, the state government has sanctioned an amount of Rs 2.3 crore, 50% of the actual budget of Rs 4.6 crore.
The event is also sponsored by the Bank of Baroda with a sponsorship amount of Rs 18 lakh for the event.
- CUET-UG to be held from Aug 24-28
- Tendong Lho Rum Faat: Date, history and celebrations
- Assam police officer arrested for accepting bribe
- Arrested Meghalaya BJP leader not cooperating with sex racket probe: Police
- Boxers Nikhat Zareen, Amit Panghal, and Nitu grab CWG gold medals
- Security beefed up at Kolkata’s Indian Museum after shooting