Aizawl: In yet another achievement, the Aizawl Battalion of 23 Sector Assam Rifles have seized arms and ammunitions and apprehended three people during a joint operation with state police in Aizawl on Wednesday, an Assam Rifle official said on Thursday.
He said that the joint operation was carried out at Aizawl’s Khatla locality based on specific information.
1 Armscor AK22 rifle, 1 point 22mm colt pistol, 2 shotgun shells, 5 empty cartridges (.22mm) and over 100 rounds of ammunition were recovered from the possession of the three accused, who have no link to an armed group, he said.
The three accused were identified as F Lalrempuia (21), a resident of Khatla, Lalremruata (36) from Sihphir Venghlun and Lalzadinga (23), a resident of Khamrang village near Aizawl.
They were handed over to Aizawl police station, he said.
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home