Shillong: Meghalaya government on Thursday signed an agreement with the National Insurance Company Limited, a general health insurance company, for the implementation of the Megha Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS) Phase 5 and the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
The statement was signed by Ramkumar S (IAS), CEO, MHIS, and Additional Secretary Health and Family Welfare, on behalf of the state government, and LS Puni Isaac Assistant Manager, National Insurance Company Limited in the presence of Health Minister, James PK Sangma.
The insurance cover for MHIS 5-PMJAY has increased from Rs 5,00,000 to Rs 5,30,000 with an expanded list of benefits that will be available under the scheme. All eligible beneficiaries belonging to Meghalaya excluding state and central government employees, can avail the benefits.
Megha Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS) Phase 5 and Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) will commence on September 1, 2022.
- A story of two mothers from a human-elephant conflict zone in Assam
- Meghalaya 2023: Lyngdoh sisters from Shillong file nominations
- India’s budget will be ray of hope for world: PM Modi
- Northeast India weather: Winter chill to give way to warmer days
- Guaranteed win: Ex-Tripura MLA’s family is contesting from 3 parties
- Nagaland 2023: Ceasefire board bans NSCN groups from carrying arms