The death toll rose to 1,185 as 11 more people succumbed to the infection during the day, Health Services Director Aman Warr said.
Eight fresh fatalities were reported from East Khasi Hills district, and one each from West Jaintia Hills, East Jaintia Hills and Ri Bhoi.
Six of the 11 patients who died due to the infection during the day were not vaccinated, the official said.
Of the new cases, 216 were reported from East Khasi Hills district, 66 from West Garo Hills and 38 from West Khasi Hills.
Meghalaya now has 4,427 active cases, and 64,157 people have recovered from the disease, Warr said.
The state has so far conducted over 8.88 lakh sample tests for COVID-19.
Altogether, 11.70 lakh people were inoculated till Monday with 2,31,982 of them having received both doses of the vaccine, Warr added.
- Legislature, executive must enable liberty, equality, fraternity: CJI
- Guwahati: Assam down town University hosts HR conclave
- CAA will be implemented in West Bengal: BJP
- Tripura: Chief monk Shakya Gasan to lay base for Buddhist International Varsity
- Meghalaya: Pressure group raises concern over illegal sand mining in South Garo Hills
- Nagaland: Kohima all prepped up for 10-day Hornbill night carnival