Imphal: RV Mingthing, former Manipur minister and a political veteran from Ukhrul district, passed away on Tuesday morning at his Lamphel residence in Imphal.
He was 92 years old.
A native of Kuirei village, the leader of the Tangkhul community Mingthing served as minister of state for Tribal Affairs and Sports from 1989 to 1990. Prior to that, he also served as chairman of the Hill Areas Committee (HAC) of the Manipur Legislative Assembly from 1985 to 1989.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Before he contested elections from the Chingai constituency, the Tangkhul Naga leader also served as the chairman of the Autonomous District Council (ADC) Ukhrul district from the year 1975 to 1978.
The former president of the Tangkhul Naga Long (TNL) had also held the post of president of the Manipur State Congress (MSCP) from 2004 to 2007.
The condolence service will held tomorrow at 10 am at Tangkhul Baptist Church, Imphal.
Also Read | Manipur Pradesh Cong leaders protest Rahul’s expulsion from Lok Sabha
- 50 new medical colleges approved in India this year: Sources
- Tripura to develop ‘Weekend tourism hub’ around Ujjayanta Palace
- LS polls preparations: EC begins ‘first level check’ of EVMs across India
- PM Modi’s US visit will set new benchmarks for bilateral ties: Pentagon
- China, Pak, Iran discuss joint efforts to deal with security challenges
- Cash-strapped Pak govt to unveil budget ahead of general polls this year