Imphal: Governor of Manipur La Ganesan flagged off the Army Medical Corps Motorcycle Expedition team from Raj Bhavan in Imphal on Tuesday morning. The team had arrived in Imphal from Silchar on Monday after covering a distance of nearly 2,700 km.
Talking to the team, Governor La Ganesan said, “We are proud of our brothers in the army. They are protecting our country not only in the line of defence but also in many ways.”
Governor Ganesan, while lauding the efforts made by the Army to fight the Covid pandemic, said, “Army Medical Corps has a great role in our fight against the pandemic.”
The motorbike team’s next destination is Kohima.
The team led by Colonel Rajesh Adhau, SM, comprises eight officers and two non-commissioned officers. The expedition was flagged off from India Gate in New Delhi on April 3 and came through Guwahati.
The Army expedition team will cover over 10,000 km, out of which 5,500 km are in the northeast region over a span of 20 days.
- Manipur: Two militants of banned Kuki outfit arrested
- World Chocolate Day: 10 Fun facts you didn’t know!
- Film industry being singled out as ‘worst place in the world’: Deepti Naval
- Govt bulldozing people’s budget through inflation: Cong on LPG price hike
- Political instability deepens in Sri Lanka as Aviation Minister resigns
- Bus service to Kathmandu starts from West Bengal’s Siliguri