Imphal: In yet another milestone achieved in connectivity, Rani Gaidinliu railway station in Manipur’s Tamenglong district received its first goods train on Thursday.
Welcoming the arrival of the first goods train at the railway station at the picturesque Oinamlong village, villagers performed a traditional dance.
This new development will improve social-economic condition of the people living in the surrounding areas.
Taking to his Twitter handle, Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Friday said, “In yet another milestone, the first ever Goods train reached Rani Gaidinliu railway station, Tamenglong yesterday”.
The improvement in railway connectivity, under the close supervision of PM Modi will immensely improve the socio-economic condition of Manipur, he added.
The Rani Gaidinliu railway station, which was earlier named Kaimai railway station, was renamed last year by the chief minister after the freedom fighter to commemorate her great contribution in the freedom struggle.
Rani Gaidinliu railway station is part of the Jiribam-Imphal railway new broad gauge railway line project which is being constructed at an estimated cost of over Rs 14,000 crore with 46 tunnels, including the second largest 12 km tube tunnel in the Indian railways network and 153 bridges.
- Meghalaya delegations meets Assam CM over setting up of BOPs
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students