Imphal: Manipur Governor La Ganesan on Saturday convened a meeting of Church leaders of the Christian community as well as Imams of the Muslim community at Raj Bhavan pertaining to COVID-19 vaccination.
The Governor expressed his happiness to know that 17 Church leaders and eight Imams were attended the meeting, including officials from the health department.
During the interaction with all the Church leaders and Imams, leaders from both the communities expressed their valuable willingness to extend cooperation at the best level.
Governor Ganesan informed them about the dreaded Covid-19 disease and how to prevent it, and save the life of people from the jaws of dead of this dreaded disease. “And the best way is to get vaccination,” he added.
The Governor further appealed to the leaders to extend their invaluable cooperation to get the mission succeeded while reiterating the contributions made by frontline workers, civil society organisations, and also reminded the relentless efforts made by the government to overcome this pandemic.
The dedication for the people of the country will always be remembered by all irrespective of caste, religion and creed, said the Governor.
The leaders who attended the meeting supported the “noble idea of the Governor”.
- Meghalaya delegations meets Assam CM over setting up of BOPs
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students