Imphal: A manager of Axis Bank of Moreh branch in Tengnoupal district on Thursday received an unexpected – and extremely dangerous – gift: a hand grenade neatly packed in a gift box.
As per a local news report, an unknown person handed over the gift box to one of the employees of the bank around 7 am to give to the bank manager. Without knowing what’s in the box, the employee handed over the box to the bank manager, it said.
However, when the manager opened the box, a hand grenade was found inside the box. An alarmed bank staff immediately called the Moreh police station and, later, a police team retrieved the explosive device from the bank branch, the local report said.
The police have registered a case in connection with the bomb threat. However, no individual or group has claimed responsibility till the time of filing this report.
Meanwhile, as precautionary measure, the Moreh branch of the bank has been temporarily closed until further notice, the report added.
- Space wars: Dream-walking towards the planetoid bomb
- Tour de France: How many calories will the winner burn?
- Sri Lanka civil society expresses displeasure over 22nd Amendment
- The five drawbacks to following your passion
- Women’s Hockey WC: India eye revenge against England in opener
- How to stop thinking the worst will happen when you’re stressed