Imphal: Security forces have arrested an active overground worker (OGW) of proscribed group People’s Liberation Army (PLA) from Moirang Lamkai in Bishnupur district on Tuesday, said an official.
As per the official statement, based on specific input from reliable sources, troops of Loktak Battalion under the aegis of IGAR(South) along with Manipur Police launched an operation that led to the apprehension.
The associate was working under a PLA outfit of one self-styled Capt Kora and was actively involved in subversive and sabotage activities in the past, the official said.
The arrested OGW have been handed over to Moirang Police Station for further investigation, it said.
Manipur pre-poll violence: Grenade hurled at NPP supporter’s house
- Chatbot revolution risks becoming a race of the reckless
- In Russia’s war on Ukraine, one of battlegrounds is language
- HM Amit Shah to visit Mizoram on April 1
- Manul, the ‘grumpiest cat,’ confirmed on the world’s highest mountain
- No starvation deaths reported by states/UTs: Govt
- What to make of origin report that links COVID virus to raccoon dogs