Imphal: Manipur Youth Affairs and Sports (YAS) Minister Letpao Haokip on Wednesday stated that youth belonging to the border districts of Manipur have cleared the misconception of being drug addicts as they have started focusing more on sports and good health.
The minister was attending the closing ceremony of the 1st Khodamphai Birip Trophy, a football tournament, at Aimol Khodamphai Playground in Tengnoupal district. Organised by the United Khodamphai Sporting Club (UKSC), the tournament was held from December 9 to 22.
Attending the closing function as the chief guest, the minister said the people have started putting more emphasis on sporting activities nowadays, and it is a good trend.
Sports will lead to good health, and good health, in turn, will make a good and developed society, the minister said, adding that such tournaments have cleared the impression that the youngsters from the state’s border districts are mostly indulging in drugs.
The YAS minister said he has been proposing to the state and the Centre ideas about inculcating at least one sports discipline as a part of the academic syllabus in schools. This idea, he added, has been appreciated and it is hopeful that it may translate into reality soon.
In the function that was attended by hundreds of villagers from nearby areas, the guests of honours were Khupboi Aimol (MCS), DC (DE) & Registrar Lok Ayukta, and Wanboy Aimol, Assistant Director, AYJNISHD.
- Learn The Best Tips for Using Your Computer
- Assam Police launches ‘Digital Literacy & Awareness’ programme with Meta
- Watch: Eviction leaves hundreds homeless in Guwahati
- CCPA issues notices to Ola, Uber for unfair trade practices
- Nagaland Lottery May 20: Check Dear Earth Friday lottery result
- Justice T Vaiphei submits report on encounter of HNLC leader Thangkhiew