Imphal: In the last 24 hours, 592 more persons have tested positive for COVID-19 and six people lost their lives in Manipur.
The latest positive persons were tested at RIMS (16), JNIMS (35), district hospitals (357) and other testing centres (184).
The total positive COVID-19 cases stand at 63,538, while the death toll stands at 1,039.
The number of active cases reached 9,538. Of these, 2,938 persons are in home isolation while the remaining are at COVID-19 hospitals and COVID-19 care facilities.
The six people who succumbed to COVID-19 are from Imphal East (3), Kakching (2) and Imphal West (1) districts.
Also, the new positive cases include 160 from Imphal West, 103 from Imphal East, 65 from Kakching, 64 from Thoubal, 57 from Bishnupur, 47 from Tengnoupal, 38 from Churachandpur, 29 from Kangpokpi, 12 from Ukhrul, eight from Senapati, six from Tamenglong, and one each from Kamjong, Chandel and Jiribam districts, respectively.
On Saturday, another 294 more persons discharged, out of which 170 are from home isolation, five from RIMS, four from JNIMS, and the rest 115 are from COVID-19 care facilities. The recovery rate stood at 83.35%.
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race
- China seals city as its worst COVID-19 outbreak in a year grows
- Meghalaya-Assam border row: ‘Give & take’ policy not acceptable, says Cong MLA
- Meet the jury members of Northeast Launchpad
- NGT directs Meghalaya govt to file affidavit on action taken against illegal miners