Imphal: Manipur government on Tuesday announced lockdown relaxation for a few activities to ease the difficulties faced by locals during the ongoing lockdown in parts of the state.
The decision follows several requests from the public for suitable relaxation from the present curfew restrictions imposed in Imphal valley areas and two hill districts due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Friday, the state government announced a lockdown in the districts of Imphal West, Imphal East, Bishnupur, Kakching, Thoubal, Churachandpur and Ukhrul. The curfew will be in force till May 17 to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
Some services and activities have been permitted, subject to social distancing, wearing of masks and sanitisation norms strictly, said Ningthoujam Geoffrey, secretary to the chief minister N Biren Singh in an order.
Here’s the list of services/activities allowed now:
–Child Protection Services (Orphanages, Children’s Home, Observation Homes, etc).
–Home delivery services under ICDS/ICPS (supplementary nutrition for children, pregnant & lactating mothers).
–Home delivery of various goods and services (food items, vegetables, groceries, medicines, etc).
–Finance department & Treasuries with minimal staff.
–Banking services with limited staff on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 am to 2:30 pm for government and non-government transactions.
–Sale of animal feeds, milk, and milk products.
- Asia Cup likely to be moved out of Pakistan, venue to be finalised in March
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli