Imphal: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government marked four years of governance in Manipur by inaugurating 311 projects at a total cost of Rs 1,096.5 crore across 28 departments.
The foundation stones for another 39 projects were also laid at an estimated budget of Rs 278.77 crore.
CM Biren Singh termed the period as ‘four years of unparalleled peace, progress and unity in the state.’
“I would congratulate the people of the state and also thanks Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union home minister Amit Shah for their support. Because of them, we are achieved so much development progress in the state,” said CM Biren Singh.
Singh also expressed his gratitude to his council of ministers, MLAs and civil top officials for their support.
“We are focussing on citizen-centric governance, which means people-oriented government. We will continue to go to the hills and villages, and we will keep in touch with the people,” he added.
Calling Biren Singh as the state captain, forest minister Awangbow Newmai while addressing the gathering lauded the CM’s leadership skills during a time of turmoil and for bringing a stable government.
- Vaccinated pregnant women pass high level of antibodies to babies: Study
- Maha: Girl gangraped over months; 33 booked, 2 minors among 26 held so far
- Taiwan asks to join trade group, says China might interfere
- Naga Students’ Federation Martyrs’ trophy from Oct 9
- 2 more paper mill employees die in Assam, toll rises to 95
- Govt issues guidelines on treatment of sequelae of COVID-19