The quest to find a balance between healthy and delicious foods has driven many players in the agri-processing industry to seek alternative ways of planting, growing, harvesting and processing certain foods that make all the difference. In Assam, this has meant an increase in the production of black rice, black garlic, and black turmeric in recent years, a move looking to revolutionise culinary habits in Assam and beyond.
The importance of rice to the people of Assam can’t be overemphasised; it is not just the state’s most important crop. It accounts for at least 95 per cent of total food grain production and around 61 per cent of cultivated land in......
- Assam: 71st Volleyball Nationals to start on Thursday
- Govt expects dividend of Rs 48,000 cr from RBI, PSU banks in FY24
- India, US ready to break down limits in defence cooperation: Experts
- Budget 2023: MGNREGS, Rural Ministry witness cut in allocations
- Two years after the military coup, Myanmar mired in bloody civil war
- SC asks WhatsApp to publicise undertaking given to Centre in 2021