Guwahati: A 70-year-old woman was trampled to death by a wild elephant in lower Assam’s Goalpara district on Friday, a forest department officer said.
The incident took place at around 7 am at Korkuchi in Dohela, divisional forest officer of Goalpara, Jitendra Kumar said.
This is the second instance of death in an elephant attack this month in Goalpara district, where 19 deaths were recorded due to such incidents so far this year, a forest department official said.
Also read: Modi discusses trade, COVID-19, global issues with top EU leaders
- Yearn to face camera again: 94-yr-old award winning Assamese actress
- Tripura BJP launches special drive to ‘cleanse party of traitors’
- Heavy rains to pelt Assam, Meghalaya over next two days
- Assam to discuss security for 4 Amritpal Singh associates lodged in Dibrugarh jail
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for March 20
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for March 20