On the other hand, the curfew will come into force from 2 pm instead of 5 pm in rural areas of the state, the CM added.
“There will be no lockdown. Earlier, in rural areas curfew started from 5 pm, but now it will be from 2 pm. The curfew in urban areas from 12 pm would continue till June 5,” the CM said.
Sarma, along with health minister Keshab Mahanta and CEC BTC Pramod Boro, held a review meeting on COVID-19 management at the Srirampur border on Tuesday.
The CM also reviewed the data of incoming vehicles at Srirampur inter-state check point and directed the district administration and health department to ensure testing and strict isolation of COVID positive cases.
Meanwhile, Assam reported 3,563 new COVID-19 cases and 72 more deaths on Sunday.
- Taliban issue no-shave order to barbers in Afghan province
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths
- Former Pak captain Inzamam-ul-Haq undergoes emergency angioplasty
- Afghanistan, Myanmar will not address UN General Assembly: UN official
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action