Majuli: Election campaigns in poll-bound Assam are at an all-time high now. However, one of the most important constituencies of the Assam Assembly, Majuli, has interestingly become a battleground for what’s been called ‘bridge politics’.
Most people in chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal’s constituency of Majuli are hopeful that if brought to power, the BJP will deliver a bridge connecting Majuli with Jorhat over the next five years. But it was the same promise that helped Sonowal win in 2016 from his constituency.
Team EastMojo spoke with both politicians and commoners to understand their stance on the issue. Watch the video below:
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here
- NASA restructures Human spaceflight unit as pvt space industry expands
- KFC in Sikkim: Interesting facts about the chicken with ‘secret ingredient’
- SC allows women to take NDA exam in Nov, says entry can’t be postponed