Itanagar: One Tuman Havi, a self-styled sergeant of the NSCN (K) surrendered before the police and armed forces in Changlang district on Tuesday.
Officials said Havi, a native of New Khamlang Village in Changlang district, had joined the NSCN-K in 2011 on being influenced by the cadres of the outfit.
He spent around 10 years in the organisation and finally decided to put down his arms to live a normal life.
Havi’s surrender is an outcome of relentless pursuit and effective counter-insurgency operation carried out by a joint team of police and security forces in the district which yielded the surrender of cadre. One Matkham an NSCN-K cadre, from the same village, surrendered before the police and security forces in February this year, officials said.
Havi will be handed over to his family for reintegration with mainstream society after completing all the formalities, the officials added.
- Assam Jobs: Faculty HS School Guwahati announces 5 vacancies
- Arunachal governor inspects Sela Tunnel project work, praises BRO
- China says COVID-19 visa curbs against stranded Indians ‘appropriate’
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- NASA’s image of the ‘Hand of God’ in space has netizens baffled
- Meghalaya: Dr. Nalin Mehta is new NEIGRIHMS director