Port-au-Prince (Haiti): Haitian President Jovenel Moise was assassinated after a group of unidentified people attacked his private residence, the country’s interim prime minister said in a statement on Wednesday.
Moise’s wife, First Lady Martine Moise, is hospitalised, interim Premier Claude Joseph said.
Joseph condemned what he called a hateful, inhumane and barbaric act, adding that Haiti’s National Police and other authorities had the situation in the Caribbean country under control.
The killing late on Tuesday comes amid deepening political and economic stability and a spike in gang violence.
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample