Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha on Saturday said his government is contemplating the establishment of a medical college and hospital in a tribal area.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently inaugurated a dental college and the state already has two medical colleges where post-graduate courses are offered.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Inaugurating an integrated Ayush district hospital in Chandrapur area in Gomati district, he said the state government has already selected a site for a medical college in Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) area.
Saha, who also holds the health portfolio, said medical facilities are being improved in the district and sub-divisional hospitals to ease the load on GBP Hospital and Agartala Medical College.
- Promise Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Assam: Guwahati’s air quality slips into ‘poor’ category
- Surrogate mother may not be genetically related to child born: Centre to SC
- World’s first environmental clean-up happened 400 million years ago
- JAC seeks clarity on ‘Sikkimese’ definition after SC’s revised order
- 10 Indians stuck in remote areas of quake-hit Turkey, but safe: MEA