Agartala: Actor-turned-politician Soham Chakraborty took to the streets of Agartala on Wednesday to campaign for the Trinamool Congress in the upcoming Tripura Municipal Polls.
The star-campaigner of the TMC took part in a roadshow along with several leaders and members of the party. Many also gathered to get a glimpse and take pictures with the actor cum politician
“People are terrorised by the BJP-led government. But TMC will give them a befitting reply with their democratic rights because the BJP has not taken the path of democracy and is rather murdering it,” said Soham Chakraborty
“The common people always follow the path of democracy and Mamata Banerjee is a worshiper of democracy. So people will cast their votes in the ballot box in favour of democracy and the candidates of the Trinamool Congress,” the actor-politician added.
Election for 20 urban local bodies, including the Agartala Municipal Corporation, will be held on November 25. The ruling BJP has already won uncontested on 112 out of the total 334 seats on November 9.
The result of the civic body elections will be announced on November 28.
- 5 suspected ‘Chinese’ nationals caught with precious stones at Gangtok hotel
- Nagaland: One person killed in Mon during protests, death toll rises to 14
- Review: ‘Drushyam 2’ is just as good as its Malayalam original
- Eastern Naga students condemn ‘inhuman massacre’, call for end of AFSPA
- Lynched Sri Lankan’s nearly all bones broken, 99% body burnt: Pak report
- Dimapur Ao Youth body: Mon killings expose ‘Army’s lack of professionalism’