Agartala: Pradyot Kishore Deb Barman, chairman of Tipraha Indigenous Progressive Regional Alliance (TIPRA) and member of Tripura’s royal family, has entered parliamentary politics by filing the nomination papers for the Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council.
Deb Barman submitted his nomination for the Takarjala-Jampuijala constituency for the district council elections, which surprised many in the political arena. The IPFT President and revenue minister NC Debbarma is the local MLA from the Takarjala assembly constituency.
Deb Barman had refrained from entering parliamentary politics, but the betrayal of the ruling ally IPFT could be one of the reasons behind his decision.
TIPRA has already announced the list of candidates for multiple seats. However, there was no announcement that the TIPRA chairman would contest the election.
The equation of politics surrounding his sudden submission of nominations seems to be changing again. Not only that, it has become clear that he is contesting the elections to avenge the IPFT.
In the 2018 assembly elections, NC Debbarma contesting from IPFT won the Takarjala-Jampuijala constituency by the largest margin.
Deb Barman said that the TIPRA and Indigenous Nationalist Party of Twipra (INPT) alliance will contest 28 seats in the ADC elections. TIPRA will contest in 23 seats, while INPT will contest in 5 seats.
He claimed that the work of submitting nominations in most of the constituencies has been completed by Wednesday.
- Twitter lifted its ban on COVID misinformation – research shows this is a grave risk to public health
- Examine representation on framing of same rules for organ transplant: SC
- Regional arms race vs Kim’s desire for NKorea to be nuclear superpower
- Why Uyghurs, who suffered China’s COVID policies most, won’t protest
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 matches on December 6
- Modi stresses on use of latest tech to track economic offenders