YouTube confirmed on December 15 that Minecraft content on the platform reached a big milestone, crossing a trillion views globally.
“Celebrating 1,000,000,000,000 views of @Minecraft videos. Thanks to you & all the creator who built this special place on YouTube,” the platform wrote on Twitter in response to which Minecraft wrote, “You built this community! You built this community by digging holes! This one is all about YOU players – thank you so much!”
The Microsoft-owned video game became a global sensation and started popping up on YouTube in 2009 and the content related to this has only grown. The game, developed by the Swedish owned Mojang Studios, has become extremely popular between kids and adults alike.
During Minecraft Live 2021, Mojang Studios revealed that Minecraft continues to grow in scale and community over time, with over 141 million monthly active users reported in August 2021.
It was also shared that Minecraft was the most-watched topic on YouTube in 2020 with over 201 billion combined views, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the game has now surpassed one trillion views in total near the end of 2021.
The community on YouTube consists of over 35,000 established creators across 150 countries and territories, all of which have helped maintain Minecraft as the most-watched video game topic on YouTube for years, read a Windows Central report.
Also read: This was the most watched music video on YouTube India this year
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people
- One crore saplings to be planted on Gandhi Jayanti: Assam CM
- Arunachal Christian Forum expresses concern over Manipur violence
- Manipur ‘to seize all unlawful arms, weapons’ in hills and valley areas
- Arunachal govt to increase prize-money for Olympic medalists