In a shameful incident at the stretch of Marive Drive – adjacent to the historic monument of Gateway of India — on Thursday morning, two TV channel journalists were seen abusing each other, even in the presence of public and police personnel.
Pradeep Bhandari, associated with Republic news channel, alleged he was slapped by two journalists, representing ABP and NDTV .
In the video, which has gone viral on Twitter, Bhandari is seen being pushed by a man who also attempts to slap him. The fight broke out before a Mumbai Police team which was trying to stop what looked like an argument. It is unknown what led to the confrontation.
Bhandari later tweeted that “goons” claiming to be associated with two TV channels, slapped him as they were “frustrated” with the exposes in the drug case being pursued by the Narcotics Control Bureau.
However Saurabh Gupta from NDTV has plainly disregarded his allegations in a tweet.
So far no police complaint has been registered by any of the parties.
- Assam swimmer breaks 12-year national record in 100m butterfly
- Manipur celebrates Mera Houchongba, marks day of solidarity
- Meghalaya by-polls: Independent Esron Marweiñ says farmers his top priority
- NEIPDA calls for 48-hr petrol pump closure in Guwahati
- Flood: Central team visits Assam to assess damages; state seeks funds
- Priyanka Gandhi stopped by UP police from going to Agra, taken to police lines