Special Commissioner of Delhi Police, Robin Hibu’s NGO Helping Hands plans to maintain a directory of those from the northeast to help them in times of distress. The initiative idea came up after the NGO transported a dead body at Fortis Hospital in New Delhi’s Vasant Kunj to Arunachal Pradesh’s Pasighat.
Since the deceased – Bading Teng – had no relatives in Delhi, volunteers of the organisation helped in the post-mortem, Death Certificate, NOC from Police and embalming of the dead body. They also assisted with coffin booking to carry the man’s body to Yinkiong for his last rites.
“I have spoken to ACP and SHO of the area Delhi police for the immediate expedition of the procedures. Also alerted AIIMS Mortuary Incharge Doctor for immediate embalming of the dead body for transportation to back home for burial in his hometown hillock in Yinkiong Arunachal,” said Robin Hibu.
“Helping Hands will be compiling all the addresses and mobile numbers of the NE people in cities in DIRECTORY for such emergency assistance in anywhere in Indian cities. Such DIRECTORY information will be with Helping Hands Website for immediate assistance in case of emergency situations by North East People in cities,” the Special Commissioner of Delhi Police added.
Helping Hands NGO’s volunteers aim to keep the information safe with their organisation and only reveal names and institutions in times of distress to help those from the northeast living in metro cities outside the region.
- Assam school boys assault pregnant teacher over ‘complaint’ to parents
- Ronaldo leaves ManU by ‘mutual agreement’. Why wasn’t he sacked?
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 30 November, 2022
- Cong names candidate from Siaha seat for Mizoram Assembly polls
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor’s vice chairperson Vikram Kirloskar dies
- Nagaland gets Plan A, B, C as seven Eastern Naga tribes snub Hornbill