The Atal Incubation Centre-Sikkim Manipal University Technology Business Incubator (AIC-SMUTBI) organised a Virtual event on “Northeast India as an Emerging Startup Ecosystem: Challenges and Opportunities” on September 28, 2021. Investors, Corporate Representatives and Government Officials took part in the event.
AIC-SMUTBI organised the event in partnership with Headstart Networks, AIM, NITI AAYOG, Startup Nagaland, Microsoft for Startups, NEATeHUB, TiE, IIE Guwahati and Educenter – School of Business.
The event had a special segment showcasing startups from the Northeastern Region. The following six Startups pitched in the pitching round.
- Encamp Adventures, a Tourism-Tech which works on reducing carbon footprint from Assam
- Nibiaa Devices, an Agri-Tech which works on precision Agriculture from Manipur
- Qonect, an Insurance-Tech in Healthcare segment from Manipur
- Aaharan Pvt Ltd, an Ed-Tech startup from Tripura
- CAS collective, a sustainability design startup from Sikkim
- Autocion, an Auto-Tech startup from Nagaland
The event included a session by Vani Gupta Dandia, an Independent Business Consultant, on Soft Skills which are known to be the most under-rated skills startups tend to ignore. Vani is an expert in branding and has led many corporates, including PepsiCo, in strategising and brand positioning in the market.
A round table with the enablers of the ecosystem of North East India was also conducted where Dr Shriparna Barua of IIE Guwhahti, Dr Karthikeyan, CEO of NEATeHUB and Dr Tej Chingtham, CEO, AIC-SMUTBI discussed the opportunities and the challenges of the Northeast with Microsoft for Startup’s Gautham Sivaramakrishnan, who moderated the session.
- Maha: Man held for duping shopkeepers by calling in woman’s voice
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel