French giants Paris Saint-Germain could soon lose Lionel Messi if the team is unable to win the UEFA Champions League this season.
Messi left Barcelona last year to join PSG and is supposed to stay stationed in Paris till June 2023, but is reportedly all set to quit.
The 34-year old Argentinian is likely to complete a Ballon d’Or- The Best FIFA double but returns have found his first six months with the new club quite underwhelming.
Scoring just once in Ligue 1 in 11 matches after his delayed club debut, his chances of hitting the 20-goal mark in a domestic league look thin, a first for the player since the 2007-08 season.
Messi, who has been on a winning streak in the Champions League with Barcelona in 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11 and 2014–15, will be seen in the Round of 16 actions when PSG face Real Madrid, who were initially drawn to play Manchester United.
- Manipur pre-poll violence: Grenade hurled at NPP supporter’s house
- In pictures: Lee Se-young’s ‘Clever & Clover’ gets to Vogue Korea cover
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition found in Paschim Medinipur
- Arunachal boy, 17, abducted by China’s PLA; Rahul slams PM
- TMC leader Abhishek Banerjee running parallel administration: Malviya
- Tripura logs 1,242 new Covid-19 cases, 4 more deaths